Why the way you manage your finances is important

Hello my dear fellow Proverbs 31 women in progress!

When I came across the passage which deals with Proverbs 31 woman in the Bible for the very first time, I was quite surprised to find that she was a businesswoman and an astute investor as well.

Therefore, we can assume that she was a master in money management and I do think that we should follow her example.

woman money manager - 2

So, let’s come back to our question of today: why is the way we (women) manage our finances so important? I have identified three main reasons:

• you give glory to God
  • you set an example for your family
  • you grow your character

Giving glory to God with your finances

I am thinking of the concept of stewardship here. God gives us talents and resources, including money, to manage for his glory. The way you manage your finances show your life priorities.

Do you tithe? Do you have debts? Do you invest or as Juanita Bynum says, do you want to be a diva for Jesus?

I do believe that we should rethink the way we view our financial management and choose to follow God’s priorities instead of our own.

Setting an example for your family

Being a good money manager is part of being a good housekeeper. Don’t forget that the Proverbs 31 woman’s husband had “full confidence in her” and that her sons call her blessed.

Your husband will trust you more and he will have rest because he knows that you can follow your family’s interests as well.

Your children can follow your example by seeing your faithfulness, your generosity and your intelligence when they see you giving to your Church, to the poor or when they see that you invest your money instead of spoiling it.

Click Here!

Growing your character

As for me, starting to take care of my finances really helped me to grow in wisdom, as well as doing my homemaking work. I felt accountable and responsible; and I feel more and more ready to build a home and take care of a family.

I also learnt from my previous mistakes (getting in debt to buy things, for example) and I am determined not to repeat them.

Do you agree with my opinion on money management? Please feel free to share!

1. Sean says:

Hi Elodie,

Great advice here. I definitely agree that how we manage our finances shows where our priorities lie.

Getting in debt can be a vicious cycle and, for me, it took a very firm decision to never go there again, no matter how tempting it can be.

Your blog is really preparing women to be the kind of partner a Christian guy wants, so keep on keeping on.

Take care,
    Sean

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your insight!

• Kendy says:

Great post! And yes, it does feel good to manage our household income, just as we manage all other areas of our home. 🙂

Yes indeed!

• Vic says:

Finances is an area that many couple struggle in. I am happy to see this kind of responsible thinking being shared.

It really is a good feeling when you actively manage your finances, and see the benefits.

Hello Vic! You’re right. I hope that your family will find strength to resolve your fnancial problems. Anyway, you will find other advice on money management here so stay tuned!

• Demi says:

I am very bad at managing my finances. But I want to learn. Seems like this article is a great start.

welcome Demi!It’s never too late to get started. As my English teacher used to say, when there is a will, there is a way!

• Ty Jord says:

Very good info here. I’ve actually seen the opposite of
            this practice and unfortunately as would be expected, it did not end well at all.

The end result, the whole family pays the price in some manner or another.

This is great advice to heed to, a great share.

hello, thank you for your insight!

• Author: Sharon May says:

I really love this article – period! My sister believes the man should do everything lol. She once did the home finances, but even handed that over to her husband and said it’s scriptural. I didn’t say anything to her.

This article confirms the hunch I’ve had since she spoke that word to me. If I’d have let my ex-husband sort the finances we’d have been bankrupt 100 time over lol.

As your article suggests, it’s all down to gifting. I can do the finances very well but he couldn’t and it made him no less a man because he didn’t have the ability; but lol he was a spend thrift.

I love Proverbs 31 and says so much about today’s woman and puts an end to those who look down on women.

Good job love it…

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your insight and for sharing your experience! Yes, it’s true that many women – including myself – hold themselves back because of the whole story of submission to men, without even knowing that submission in the Bible is first and foremost a question of love, not power. It’s good to come back to the source and realize that God’s Word is really empowering for women. Thank you for your encouragement!

• Nichelle08 says:

I love this page. I am also using this theme for my own site too.
                Its hard to find good insight into being a godly woman today because so many of us think that the Bible has some demeaning definition of women when it really doesn’t. You have a lot of great topics for women like me who need an everyday-tip to stay on track. As far as finances, I always thought I was good with money but in reality I could use some help.
                I am a huge fan of your niche and I bookmarked your site so I could look through it more thoroughly later on. I can never have enough Godly women resources.
                Thanks!

• James says:

Hello

Excellent article, I was just browsing when I came across your article. Thank you for sharing this information with us, I have found some very useful pointers to take away with me. I know others will also benefit from it. You clearly know your stuff.

You seem like you know a thing or two about money and online business, I came across this video and opted in for the training, please could you take a look at it and give me your opinion, i don’t want to fall victim to another scam. its http://amazingacade.me?p=a9379&w=m6_v1

I hope to hear from you soon, I will pop back in a few hours to hear your response.

-Jack