My dear Proverbs 31 woman in Progress,
When I read anything about the Proverbs 31 woman, I realized that she was a strong woman, both physically and spiritually. That’s why I decided to write some posts about health, so that we can be encouraged to stay fit to serve the Lord.
Remember, our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit and we should glorify God in our bodies, as well as in our spirits (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
I have identified six reasons of the importance of physical exercise in our lives:
- Exercise helps our brains to function properly, and improves our mental agility
- Our self-esteem will increase and we’ll fortify our self-discipline – you can read my article about self-discipline here
- We’ll be more relaxed and less tired, physically and morally
- We’ll be more balanced as holistic individuals
- We’ll develop a winner’s mentality
- We’ll be brave and fearless, like soldiers
See, everybody knows the necessity to exercise. The real problem for us is that it means we have to change our routines and habits to include exercise in our lives. That’s why exercising can be challenging for many of us.
We don’t need to exercise as high-level athletes, though. Moderate but regular exercise is perfect for us: walking, swimming… We just have to find the courage to do it and decide to incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise in our schedules, as hectic as they can be.
I pray God that my post will encourage all of us to develop discipline and to start glorifying God in our bodies with exercise!
Have you seen other benefits of exercise in your lives? Please share!
Did you enjoy my post? Please suscribe here and start getting email updates!