Recognizing Your Spiritual Season

What is your season?

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven – Ecclesiastes 3:1

My dear fellow Proverbs 31 women in progress,

During our spiritual walking with the Lord, and during our life in general, we’ll have highs and lows. We’ll have times where we are glad to walk in the Lord and we have the assurance that He is with us.

However, when everything seems dark and that you cry to the Lord, you might think that the Lord has abandoned you and that He does not answer your prayers. However, we shouldn’t think that way.

Indeed, the Lord has promised that if we are faithful to Him, He will never forsake us nor abandon us. We just have to recognize the spiritual seasons we are currently facing in our lives and act accordingly.

Just as the Lord has created the seasons to order the rhythm of nature, He has a timetable for your life and He will certainly manifest His glory in your life. Let’s analyze these seasons in details.

Spiritual winter

Winter

Winter is the season with the shortest days, where we just want to stay home and hibernate because it’s cold outside. It’s also the time when farmers start planning what to plant for the next season.

On the spiritual level, winter is a time when everything seems dark and unfaithful. It seems that your dreams don’t come true. You might even think that you’re in the wilderness, as if God doesn’t answer your prayers.

But it’s also the opportunity to let God to kill everything that interferes in your relationship with Him. You will purify yourself and kill the self in you.

If you are in this season, don’t be discouraged. Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you. Ask Him what He expects from you and what is your call. Ask for His direction in your life and submit to His will.

Spiritual spring

Flowers blossoming during springtime

Springtime is a time of rain, romance, blossom, and renewal with the appearance of new leaves on the trees. It’s also the time to plant the crops you planned during winter.

On the spiritual level, springtime is the season to plant and to apply the instructions God has given you during your winter. It’s the time when your spiritual and physical energy will be renewed by the Lord to execute your purpose.

If you are in this season, God will send you all the tools and the people to help you fulfill your purpose.

Spiritual summer

Wheat growing during summertime

Summer is the time to water what you planted during springtime. It’s a time of growth and hard work in the fields. But it’s also the time when you relax from cold times.

On the spiritual level, summertime is a time to balance your life. You’ll get wisdom and revelation from the Lord during this season.

If you are currently in this season, you’ll understand the requirements and the depth of your purpose. Though your confidence will increase, it’s also a time when you understand the necessity to come closer to God through prayer, worship and meditation of His Word.

Spiritual fall

Leaves during fall

Fall is the time of harvest. It’s the time when you see the manifestation of your hard work and when you store up for the winter.

On the spiritual level, fall is the season when you reap the harvest of your obedience to the Lord and of your hard work. It’s also a time when you offer thanksgiving to the Lord.

If you are currently in this season, praise the Lord! Continue to believe that the Lord is in control of your destiny and that He will reward you if you are faithful to Him.

Well, that’s all for today! What is your season? How do you act during your seasons? Do you agree with the post? Please leave your comments below!

If you enjoyed this post, please suscribe on my Home page to receive your free report and receive email updates!

Also, if you want more information on this topic, click below to buy The Deborah Anointing by Michelle McClain-Walters:

Waiting on the Lord’s time

Worthy Women Series: Deborah

1. Henderson says:

I don’t think that there’s anything as good as having a good relationship with God. It’s is just divine. I have bee thought that our relationship with God can be judged by looking at it from the seasons that we have. This is very good and I think with God right now, I am with God at the level of summer. I believe this is a personal thing with him. I will be steadfast so as to reach my fall season. Thank you for an uplifting session here.

Thanks for sharing your experience !

• RoDarrick says:

Wow! This is a very unique article and I like the way you have explained spiritually inclined situations with the seasons of the year. When our life is locked in the spiritual winter, we are limited and unable to achieve anything other than the little we are able to see because we are in the dark days of our life but with prayers and faith, the autumn comes and our life receives deliverance and better things start to happen. The summer is the peak of us breaking through till we start to harvest our believe in God.  Great article

Thank you !

• Jones says:

Wow, this is article is really divine and its a blessing to me. I didn’t understand spiritual time and season this much but this post has really done a great change in my way of thinking when it comes seasons and time. I believe most of us make the mistake of misunderstanding our times of trial to be that God has quit on us but no, this post has really expatiated what every season holds and what we’re to do when we find ourselves in any of them. Thank you for this divine blessing, it’ll help my spiritual life grow the more.

Hello Jones, I am truly blessed to help your spiritual life grow more. This is all my website is about! Be blessed!

• Gaurav Gaur says:

Hi, Angelce.
          What a beautiful explanation of spiritual seasons. The all-new perspective for me.
          Thanks for all the knowledge as it is reaching to me in my spiritual spring. I am getting notified, being introduced to new people, absorbing excellent knowledge and working towards utilising this knowledge to protect me in my spiritual winter season.
          Things become so simple and straight when you have that knowledge. Thanks.
          Warm Regards,
          Gaurav Gaur

Dear Gaurav, thanks for your comment and for sharing your experience!

• Chloe says:

I must say this is a topic that is worth every minute used in reading it. We all have one problem or the other and in such instances we run to God in prayer. But most people neglect thier duties to God on a daily basis and only when we are faced with these problems that’s when remember to pray. I want to point it out here that such attitude should be worked on as it causes hindrance to our prayer as well. Yes the Lord is all merciful put we should know that we can’t play Him. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

Dear Chloe, thank you for your comment! I was happy that you found my post useful. Be blessed!

• grea8J says:

I was wondering if I have to comment because I’m not a woman, but I read through and I was blessed.

I would say I am in winter season because my days still appear dark, and I still don’t have exactly what I want, but I keep hope alive and I have faith that better days will be here.

My opinion is that these seasons can be interconnected and I seem to be experiencing both winter and spring at the same time. Do you think that is possible?

Hello,

Thanks for your comment and for sharing your experience. Yes, I do Believe that you can experience both winter ans spring because you have a period of transition when you go from a season from another. You don’t change seasons brutally. I hope that my answer helps. Be blessed!

• Willy says:

Having a sound and solid relationship with God is one of the best experience an individual can have. He has promised us in his book and assured us that he would be there for us in all times and situations. Recognising our stand as his friend and obeying his words always. Thanks for posting such a spiritual boosting review… I hope to see more value adding articles like this.

Thank you for your encouraging comment Willy. Be blessed!

• Carol5162 says:

Indeed, we are sometimes faced with difficult situations that might make us waver in our faith in the Lord.  But the good thing is the assurance that we have, that God will never abandon us no matter what we do or where we go.

It is encouraging to know that God id in control. WE just need to let Him take the wheel and guide us to where he wants us to be. Thank you for explaining the spiritual levels in our lives. This is very easy to relate to. It is encouraging to know that a Fall is coming and we shall rejoice in what we went through in the earlier times.Thank you for such an encouraging post.

Thanks for your swwet comment Carol. Be blessed!

• shirian says:

What a inspiring post! As you have described, each season of the year has its own beauties and features. And as spiritual beings We are grew moment by moment with the signs of nature. Spring and initiating its flowering and the growth of greenery along with the heartwarming sounds of birds creates an intuitive sense and truly grant us a chance to being more grateful existence.
                    This post helps me being more precise and watch out of my life and being more aware in connection with all creatures as well as all phenomenons around myself.
                    Much appreciate

You’re welcome Shirian! Thank you for your comment!

• Dane says:

How I understand some of the things I never understood before. I am someome who is always in haste to get my prayers answered by God and sometimes I question His supremacy out of ignorance of His divine timing and infinite knowledge. Reading through this post have made me realize how ungrateful i have been and from now on I’ll be patient with whatever I ask, because now I know His plans for me are the best. God bless you for this post, I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you Dane! God bless you too!

• Matiss says:

I believe I personally am somewhere in between winter and spring. Planning more than doing. Whereas whenever doing, it feels slow and cumbersome as if I lacked energy or grit but I don’t identify with either. A lot of stuff feels pretty dark, as well as it feels that my dreams will take much, much longer to come true than I originally anticipated.

Definitely a dark time in my life.

I will try what you suggested. I will ask the Lord to reveal himself, I will ask him what he expects of me.

And I somehow already feel much lighter, as if a burden has been lifted off my soul…

Thank you for sharing ! And may the Lord be with you through all your seasons !

• Rasa says:

I deeply enjoyed the post. And just wanted to share my season at the moment.

To me, it currently feels like summer that is extremely close to harvest (fall). I’ve been putting my heart and soul into learning, studying, and doing everything else necessary to finish my doula course. I still have stuff to do and not all of it will be easy. But I believe I will manage it quite well. And I’m soon to reap the rewards. Can’t wait…

I appreciate you, Angelce! Thank you for the post, it definitely made me think and contemplate on my values. 🙂

Cheers,