My dear Proverbs 31 women in progress,
I hope you had a good week by God’s grace. Today I want to talk about a topic that is in every single woman’s mind: where can I find a potential husband?
This question is crucial, especially for single women who are in the 30s like me and who want to start a family before its too late. When we are in our 20s, we are carefree because most of us can meet our future husbands at school, during holidays, at Church…
However, when you hit your 30s and that you have a career, finding a husband can be quite difficult because you migh think that your options are decreasing. My mother even told me that if I found a divorced man at my age, I would be the luckiest woman in the world!
As you all know, I am a person who is against hurrying up to walk down the aisle. However, it doesn’t mean that you should sit at home, hoping that love will come to you if you don’t live your life.
Love can found everywhere
Yes, you heard me. Love can be found everyhere, even in the most bizarre circumstances. The only thing you have to do is to be social and willing to meet new people.
Don’t hesitate to get out, even alone, to do your favorite activities. Even if you don’t meet someone that day, you’ll be happy to do something you love. Don’t punish yourself because you are single.
Here are some activties/places where you can meet potential husbands:
- At a family event (weddings, birthdays…)
- Through friends
- At a social club: fitness club, book club, business club…
- During classes where you want to improve your skills, such as foreign language lessons
- At the church
- At the theater
- During political rallies if you are involved in politics
- At the restaurant
- During holidays
- During window shopping – and I am not joking: a man tried to approach me when I was daydreaming in front of a store. Unfortunately I was dating my ex at that time…
Well, as you saw on the list above, there are a lot of opportunities where you can meet a potential husband. You just have to trust God, have projects and live a full life. Love will come.
What about Internet dating?
Hmmm… this is a tricky question. Honestly, I had been against online dating services for a very long time because I found the whole process creepy.
There are a lot of men out there who register on Internet dating services just to multiply sexual encounters and they don’t care about the women’s feelings. They don’t want to settle down and they just want to have fun.
I even heard a story about women being killed by a man who register on a dating service because he targeted naive women there. Tragic…
However, I have two friends who made me change my mind about Internet dating:
- one of my best friends found her current beau on an Internet dating service. She had a very painful experience with her ex and she was quite depressed for a time. But afterwards, she registered on an Internet dating service following the advice of a friend of hers, without knowing that she would really meet love there. And she found her husband. They have been together for 7 years now, they bought a beautiful apartment in Paris area and they have a beautiful 5-year-old little girl
- another friend of mine who is Jewish found her husband after registering on an Internet dating service dedicated to the Jewish community in France. She then attended several events organized by this company so that she could meet appropriate men. Finally, her perseverance paid off as she found her husband during a cruise. She is currently married and has two children with her husband
These two success stories made me think again and I am not against Internet dating services anymore, though I don’t recommend one service in particular. However, if you want to register, I urge you to investigate the website and to tell your family and friends where you are when you meet someone for the first time, until you know the person better.
You’ll find love when you’re ready
Whether you find love on an old-fashioned way or through the Internet, love will come to you when you’re ready to love someone and when you’re open.
I’ve noticed that love comes to you when you are in a specific mindset where you don’t expect it but you are comfortable with your skin and with your life.
Meanwhile, I invite you to continue to work on your goals and to strive to be the best version of yourself. And don’t worry, love is on the way!
That’s all for today! In your opinion, where can we find love? Please share your point of view in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t hesitate to suscribe to my blog and start receiving my latest posts by email!