Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new
2 Corinthians 5:17
My dear fellow Proverbs 31 women in Progress,
First of all, I want to wish you a very happy new year full of spiritual growth, health, joy, beauty, prosperity, and everything your heart may desire! I hope this new post will find you well.
As for me, this new post is a new start for me. At the beginning of the year, I just realized that I gave too much time to my daytime job at the expense of my other interests and skills. The lack of balance in my life left me nearly depressed and I hit a serious low last December. I was wondering if my hard work would give the promotion I was hoping for and I started worrying a lot. I gained weight again whereas I was able to lose 12 kgs at a point. I even received hard backlash and feedbacks from some other colleagues on my behavior.
As I looked for the Lord’s guidance through prayer and Scripture reading, I started being less anxious, knowing that God always have my best interests in His hands. Therefore, I decided to walk by faith, not by sight. And I realized that I allowed people to take advantage of my weaknesses by failing to lean more on Christ, as I used to do.
Well, why do I share my story of these last awful months with you? Just because I want to encourage you to also start a fresh new relationship with Christ in 2018. Forget about your painful past. Forget about the sins you indulged in last year. Forget about all your failures. It’s the past and you cannot turn back the hands of time.
Rather, make a commitment today for your future that you want to abide in Christ and that you want His peace. Also, don’t give up your personal projects and goals to please everybody, like I did.
Fresh new goals for a fresh new start
To materialize my fresh new start, I decided to get my personal feminine goals to achieve this year. Allow me to share them with you:
- Spiritual growth: I decided to pray twice a day and read the whole Bible in one year in 2018. I already started reading the New Testament and I am currently finishing 2 Corinthians – hence the Bible verse I shared with you earlier in this post. So I am grateful to God that He is currently helping me to fulfill these goals. I also have a nice Bible app which tracks the number of days I’ve read the bible, so it helps!
- Physical health: I have decided to start the diet and exercise I did follow for some time last year and to lose 15 kgs, so that I’ll be healthy and also to have more choice in clothing. I live in Paris and when you are overweight, it’s quite difficult to find fitting clothes. I hope to shed all my unwanted pounds by the end of the year and I vow not to take them back.
- Personal image: I have decided to review my wardrobe and to dress in a more ladylike fashion. I have a lot of pants and suits and I feel that they don’t properly reflect what I am trying to become, i.e. a more feminine and refined woman. I even thought of having a complete makeover; but I’m hesitating.
- Personal projects: Besides my blog that I want to expand this year, I also want to launch some business ventures by the end of this year. I have one or two ideas and I started to put one of them into practice. I also decided to take German lessons this year and I started last month. It’s amazing!
- Homemaking: I decided that this year would be dedicated to the improvement of my homemaking skills, especially in cooking and decorating areas. Not that I cannot cook and decorate my home, but I want to improve because I want to create a warm and beautiful home where nutritious food is served. I already bought some cooking books to experiment new recipes, and I took my mother on board for the decoration stuff – because she’s really good!
- Financial projects: my financial goal for this year would be to diversify my investments between several assets (stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals), like the Proverbs 31 woman and to live debt-free. I also plan to reach my target asset allocation this year.
Well, that’s all for today! I really hope that you get your new fresh start with me as well.
What are your goals for a fresh new start? Please feel free to share!